Avoid the hidden pitfalls of Capital Gains Tax with Shukri Barbara
Tue. 13 March 2018
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm AEDT
Sydney Masonic Center
If you’re investing in property and are flying blind about capital gains tax … the ATO is going to love you.
Because you’ll be leaving way too much money on the table for them.
Do you know?…
- When is a property exempt from CGT?
- What makes a property subject to CGT?
- How many properties can be exempt from CGT?
- How is the exemption from CGT extended?
- How long can exemption be extended for?
- How is CGT calculated? What is included in the cost base? How does depreciation affect CGT?
- What is the major concession available to reduce CGT?
- Can a Capital Gain from the sale of one property be rolled over into a new one?
- Where you occupied two properties as a Main Residence at different times, what factors should be considered to minimise CGT on sale?
- What is the CGT status of inherited property? And when purchased before 1985
- How is CGT on Land calculated?
- Transfer/Gift to relatives – what are the CGT consequences?
- Non-Resident for tax purposes – what are the implications?
- Subdividing? what are the implications CGT, GST & other taxes
Well our clients do because they’re already structured to pay less capital gains tax